Antidiarrhea microorganism. Medicinal yeast of Saccharomyces boulardii.
Pharmacological properties. Enterol 250 restores intestinal microflora and has evident ethyopathogenic antidiarrhea activity.
• acute and chronic diarrhea of bacterial aethiology in children and adult patients;
• acute diarrhea of viral aethiology;
• treatment and prevention of antibiotic-related diarrhea;
• treatment to prevent recurrence of Clostridium difficile diseases;
• intestinal dysbacteriosis;
• irritable bowel syndrome;
• diarrhea associated with long term tube-feeding.
Contra-indications. Hypersensitivity to one of the ingredients. Patient with central venous catheter.
Interactions with other pharmaceuticals. Do not associate with antifungal drugs.
Posology and methods of administration.
Adults and children over 6 years old: 1-2 capsules 1- 2 times per day. For children below 6 years old, use the powder for oral suspension more adapted for small children.
Recommended period of treatment:
- Treatment of acute diarrhea: 3-5 days;
- Treatment of dysbacteriosis, chronic diarrheal syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome: 10-14 days;
- Prevention and treatment pharmacotherapy drug-associated diarrhea and pseudomembraneum colitis: Enterol® 250 should be prescribed, simultaneously with antibiotics as 2 capsules twice a day since the first intake of antibiotics.
It is recommended to take the capsules with a glass of water. Do not take with too hot or too cold food or liquid.
Side effects. Rare cases of fungemia have been reported for hospitalized patients with central venous catheter.
Shelf-life. 3 years.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store away from light, at a temperature below 25oC.
Glass vial containing 10 capsules, closed by PTE cap in individual carton box.
Delivery conditions. Without prescription.
Name and address of manufacturer of the drug.
BIOCODEX, 7, avenue Gallieni, 94250 Gentilly - France.